Map & Community
Murrysville - “The Gateway to Westmoreland County”
Murrysville is located roughly 20 miles east of Pittsburgh on US Route 22. Murrysville is governed by a mayor and a seven member council. The Haymaker Gas Well in Murrysville was the nation's first commercial natural gas well.
Since 1933, Murrysville has had a "tree sign" spelling out the word "Murrysville". The trees were landscaped to grow and form the letters by local Boy Scouts. The sign was featured in “Ripley’s Believe It Or Not” as the world’s largest arboreal sign.
- Franklin Regional School District
- Mother of Sorrows Catholic School and Parish
- Sports Complex
- The sports complex is a multi-function facility to serve the needs of a diverse community. Nestled in the Community Park of Murrysville, the Sports Complex includes:
- The Bill Mazeroski Miracle Field
- The UPMC Freegame Court for basketball soccer and other activities
- Fully accessible walking trail
- Rotary Miracle Field – A synthetic turf surface field where people of special needs have the chance to experience the joy of America’s favorite pastime (and other sports).